Saturday, 22 May 2010

Prayer for Pentecost


Thou art Fire:
enkindle in me Thy love.
Thou art Light:
enlighten my mind with the knowledge of eternal things.
Thou art the Dove:
give me innocence of life.
Thou art the gentle Breeze:
disperse the storms of my passions.
Thou art the Tongue:
teach me how to bless Thee always.
Thou art the Cloud:
shelter me under the shadow of Thy protection.
And lastly, Thou art the Giver of all heavenly gifts:
animate me, I beseech Thee, with Thy grace;
sanctify me with Thy charity;
enlighten me with Thy wisdom;
adopt me by Thy goodness as Thy child,
and save me in Thy infinite mercy;
so that I may ever bless Thee, praise Thee, and love Thee;
first during this life on earth,
and then in heaven for all eternity. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Would love to use this in our worship on Sunday, if that is ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://feastofsaints.com/staholyspirit.htm
    Hi Keith,
    It is taken from the website above and is the prayer of St Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, born in 1698, so I shouldn't think there would be any copyright issues! I have no rights over this prayer anyway - so, of course! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonsus_Maria_de_Liguori
    Blessings, I am glad you found it meaningful.

    ReplyDelete